A Paper Penguin Beak for Children
Then you might want to get more 3-D and create a Paper Penguin Beak that they can wear around the house and flap their wings and shuffle their feet. Children (and adults!) love playing with things they've made, just like something you've cooked tastes better because YOU did it. Let's give your kids that fun too!
This is a great craft to get them engaged, and remind them of the different kind of Penguins in the book. You can also teach them about other kinds of birds along the way. Thanks to EHow for these great instructions:
Things You'll Need For Your Paper Penguin Beak:
- Construction paper
Instructions To Make a Paper Penguin Beak:1. Fold one corner of a sheet of orange or yellow construction paper to the opposite side, matching up the edges evenly. You should have a triangular flap and about 2 inches of paper sticking out from the bottom on one side.
2. Cut off the 2 inches of paper that sticks out from the triangle. Unfold the triangle from bottom to top so that it looks like a diamond shape with a horizontal crease through the middle.
Sponsored Link- How Does This 35-Year Old Mom Stay At Home With Her Children, But Make More Money Than Her Husband?
3. Put glue along two bottom edges of the diamond. Fold the triangle down along the crease again and press the edges together. Let the glue dry for a few minutes.
4. Fold the triangle in half from left to right. Crease well and unfold the paper. Make sure the crease forms a peak and the top edge of the triangle is still the folded edge.
5. Fold the top edge of the triangle down about 1/2 inch. Crease well. Punch a hole in both sides of the triangle under the small flap you just made.
6. Cut two pieces of string 1 foot long. Tie an end of one of the strings through the hole in one side of the triangle. Tie an end of the other piece of string through the other hole. Wear your construction paper penguin beak mask by placing the folded edge over your nose and tying the two pieces of string together behind your head
Now You Have a Paper Penguin Beak For Children!