HUB and StarShine Academy partner to train 400 teachers in Liberia
HUB has partnered with StarShine Academy, to provide a HUB/StarShine Quintessential Teacher Training Program to 400 teachers in Monrovia, Liberia August 19 to 21, 2009! StarShine Academy was founded by HUB Founding Arc Angel, Trish McCarty of Phoenix, AZ. Trish has built several successful companies based on creating long-term relationships with customers. She relies on her strong corporate and banking background at AT&T, Mellon, and Norwest to infuse companies with a “keep it simple” philosophy and an attitude of teamwork and accountability.
In 2000, acting on her belief that every person deserves to be educated with the best resources available, McCarty formed Education Resources to address increasingly complex and critical problems in the education market. She created joint ventures to produce proprietary educational
solutions for individuals, companies, government and schools. Partners included Gateway, Learning Station, MBNA, Insight Learning, Cox Communications and the State of Arizona.
In 2002, Mrs. McCarty opened a k-12 school for high-risk, inner-city Phoenix children to prove that with the right help, all children learn to reach for the stars, so she named the Community Learning Center: StarShine Academy In Sept. 2004, the academy hosted an international event for Peace with the United Nations Children Organization.
She has been featured in INC Magazine , the New York Times , Working Woman and several other publications. She has been recognized with awards including, Working Woman’s Entrepreneurial Excellence Award, Los Angeles Music Humanitarian Award, Arizona Interfaith Golden Rule Award for Education and named one of the Top 100 Women of Arizona of 2000.
StarShine Academy holds two exceptional and sought after Accreditations: NCA CASI and CITA.
Founded in 1895, North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement or NCA CASI (www.ncacasi.org) accredits over 8,500 public and private schools in 19 states, the Navajo Nation, and Department of Defense Schools. NCA CASI is an accreditation division of AdvancED. AdvancED is also the parent organization of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI) and the National Study of School Evaluation (NSSE).
The Commission on International and Trans-Regional Accreditation or CITA (www.citaschools.org ) is a global leader in accreditation, providing systems of accreditation around the world. CITA Standards promote quality schools and continuous improvement to enhance student success. CITA accreditation engages CITA schools in the world’s largest network of accredited schools. CITA provides customized accreditation protocols and standards for schools across the USA and for national and international schools around the world. Today, members of the CITA Alliance accredit more than 32,000 schools in 100 countries, touching over 17 million students.
STARSHINE uses a diverse approach to inspire and educate children and teachers alike.
The StarShine Academy Principles are the foundation of everything we do, teach and stand for.
- Every person born is unique and perfect and on their own road to discovering their dreams and highest calling.
- We are on the planet to help one another toward achieving individual goals for the Greater Good of All.
- We each do the best that we can on each day, depending on what we know and understand, according to Maslow’s Hierarchy.
- Music is the first language.
- Beautiful, safe environments that are clean and include art, music and nature inspire creativity and help to secure man’s sustainability.
- Teaching and learning gardening is a necessary part of becoming one with nature and the environment and is a means for personal health and community building.
- Celebrating local culture and global diversity allows for a rich life.
- Practice Connect versus Convince; Exercise Compassion versus Judgment, Love versus Fear.
- Individuals practice being Ambassadors for their own country as well as a country other than their own.
- Co-learning demonstrates that every person is a teacher and every teacher is a student.
- Financial literacy fosters hope, belief and abundance as it facilitates a wise use of assets.
- Partnering and mentoring fosters interdependence toward building common ground, as in “the world agrees on time so everyone can communicate.”
- Holistic education explains that each event reinforces all. The pursuit of success and happiness, both individually and collectively, must include body, mind, spirit, health and wealth.
- Leveraging technology facilitates connecting people; personal contact is vital.
- World peace is a result of individual peace.
The Quintessential Teacher Training that will be delivered in Monrovia, Liberia August 19 to 21st was first taught on July 28, 2008 to 25 StarShine teachers. The focus of the training was to provide training for teacher’s individual, personal commitment toward body, mind, spirit, health, wealth and happiness and to give the teachers a foundation of support and vision for the change that they are creating within each of their students, as well as the world.
QTT has a proprietary and proven way to bring cutting edge solutions to administrators, teachers, volunteers or others who work, particularly in schools known for their high risk student population. Through reenergizing teachers, these students, in the US and around the world, are lead into the discovery and fulfillment of their very destiny. At the earliest ages students begin to live purposeful, passionate, prosperous…and peace-full lives.